Praise God! After more than a year of online-only ministry, we are finally returning to in-person gatherings. During the pandemic, out of love for our neighbor, in order to care for the most vulnerable among us, and in cooperation with governing authorities, we shifted all of our ministries online. But the church did not shutdown. We continued gather for worship, prayer, fellowship, and outreach through various online means. Now, in God’s grace, we’ve reached a point where we are able to begin a phased return to gathering in-person.
As we return to services in-person, our priority will continue to be the healthy and safety of our brothers and sisters, as well as our community. We will be taking a more cautious posture and pace than the State and Federal guidance, taking the time to observe the impact of our actions and the local situation. We pray for unity among our church family, and thank you for your understanding, patience, and cooperation as we seek not only what is best for the strongest among us, but also what is best for the weakest and most vulnerable in our midst.
For this initial phase, in-person gatherings at the church site will including the following adjustments:
- You will need to register in advance during the week before to affirm your health status and obtain an assigned seat number. Registration is at cbcwla.org/bethere. The form will be available from the Wednesday before at 8 AM through Saturday at 12 PM.
- Be sure to budget extra time to find parking and go through the new check-in procedures (see next bullet point). Note that due to a change in ownership, the building across from the church on Sawtelle is not currently available for use by church members for parking. Please try and find parking on the street before parking in the church lot.
- Upon arrival, check-in with the host at the central stairwell / elevator entrance. You will be asked for your seat number (emailed to you after you register), and your temperature will be taken.
- Please wear a mask at all times. Please do not move your seat. Please maintain 6-feet physical distance. And please follow relevant directional signs and instructions by ushers to avoid crowding.
- Those who are registered to attend Worship Service in-person are welcome to stay for Sunday School in-person. It will be taught in the Fellowship Hall as well as broadcast to Zoom for those who are joining online.
- Anyone joining online, or who find that the capacity limit has been reached when you try to register to attend in-person, please join us at english.cbcwla.org/gather at 9 AM for Worship Service and 11 AM for Sunday School.
Please have a look at the return to in-person service briefing slides for more information.